Delivery FAQ's & Delivery Policy
How long will delivery take?
- Standard delivery to UK mainland addresses takes between 3-5 days, excluding weekends and bank holidays
- Standard delivery to UK mainland addresses for heavy items, such as furniture takes between 7-10 days, excluding weekends and bank holidays
- Next day delivery to UK mainland addresses is only available on orders placed before 1pm Monday – Thursday, excluding weekends and bank holidays
- *Deliveries to Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Isle of Scilly, Scottish Highlands, Grampians, Northern Ireland, The Channel Islands & The Republic of Ireland may take longer than UK mainland deliveries.
How much will delivery cost?
- Standard delivery is free to all UK mainland addresses
- Next Day Delivery is £1.99
- *The cost for delivery to Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Isle of Scilly, Scottish Highlands, Grampians, Northern Ireland, The Channel Islands & The Republic of Ireland addresses will be generated at the checkout when you enter your address. Delivery costs vary based on item weights and postcodes,view delivery zones, costs & exempt products here
Where do you deliver?
- We deliver to all UK mainland addresses
- *We also deliver to Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Isle of Scilly, Scottish Highlands, Grampians, Northern Ireland, the channel islands & Republic of Ireland.
How can I place an order for international delivery?
- We currently offer international delivery to Republic of Ireland.
How can I find out if you deliver to my address?
- Enter your delivery postcode on the checkout page and the checkout will generate available delivery options
How long does it take to dispatch my order?
- Orders are usually despatched within 24 hours.
- Once your order has been processed and we have received cleared payment, we will aim to dispatch your item from our warehouse within one working day unless ordered before 1pm on next day delivery. Excludes weekends and bank holidays.
How can I track my order?
- We will notify you by email when your order is dispatched
- You will then receive an email with tracking details directly from the nominated courier when your item(s) are out for delivery.
- To track your order enter the tracking number provided by the courier into the couriers tracking form on their website.
I have ordered multiple items. Will they arrive together?
- Your items may arrive on different days or from different couriers but you will not be charged any additional delivery fees..
What time will the courier delivery my item?
- Our couriers deliver between 8am-9pm, Monday to Friday and on occasion, they may deliver at the weekends. Excluding public holidays.
What if I am not at home to accept delivery?
- If when the courier arrives there is nobody home, they will leave the item in a safe place and leave a calling card stating where your item was left.
- If they do not feel there is a safe place they will either leave with a neighbour or they will take the parcel back to the depot. A calling card should be left either way.
- If your parcel requires a signature and you are not home to accept delivery, the courier will re-attempt the next working day or may contact you to make alternative delivery arrangements.
What couriers do you use?
- We select the best courier for your delivery based on your location. We use Hermes, Royal Mail, DPD, Yodel and XDP for Misterchef.com deliveries.
1.1 This policy contains details of the delivery methods, periods and charges that apply to orders for our products made through our website misterchef.com
1.2 This policy is a legally binding document, and forms part of the contract of sale between you and us made under our terms and conditions of sale. / This policy does not create legally enforceable rights and obligations; it merely indicates our usual practice in relation to the delivery of products.
2. Free delivery
2.1 We offer free standard delivery to all mainland UK addresses on all orders.
2.2 All other orders will be subject to delivery charges as detailed in Section 5.
3. Geographical limitations
3.1 We will usually be able to deliver to the following countries and territories: Mainland England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the republic of Ireland
3.2 We may from time to time agree to delivery products to other countries and territories.
4. Delivery methods and periods
4.1 The methods that we use to deliver our products, and the time periods within which delivery is usually completed, are as follows:
(a) If you have UK mainlaind delivery address you will be able to select standard or next day delivery.
(b) Next day delivery typically takes 1 working day for expedited; and standard delivery usually takes between 3-5 days.
4.2 If you place your order before 1pm on a working day, these time periods run from the close of business on that day; if you place your order after 1pm on a working day, or on a non-working day, these time periods run from the close of business on the next following working day
4.3 The delivery periods set out in this Section 4 are indicative only, and whilst we will make every effort to ensure that you receive your delivery in good time, we do not guarantee delivery before the end of the stated period.
4.4 We may conduct fraud screening checks before dispatching the product, and these checks may delay your delivery. If the delivery is likely to be delayed as a result of fraud screening checks, we will notify you.
5. Delivery charges
5.1 Delivery charges will be calculated by our website and automatically applied to your order during the checkout process, or alternatively quoted by us.
5.2 Applicable delivery charges will depend upon the delivery method you select, the location of the delivery address, and the size and weight of the products in your order. This information will be displayed before the checkout is confirmed.
5.3 * The cost for deliveries to Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Isle of Scilly, Scottish Highlands, Grampians, Northern Ireland, The Channel Islands & The Republic of Ireland will be generated on the checkout when you enter your address. Delivery costs vary based on item weights and postcodes.
6. Delivery tracking
6.1 Delivery tracking is available in respect of most of our orders of our products.
6.2 We will notify you upon dispatch. You will then receive an email with tracking details directly from the nominated courier when your item(s) are out for delivery. Enter the tracking number provided into the couriers tracking form on their website.
6.3 If your postcode is applicable you will be selected for a 2 or 4 hour delivery window slot as part of the new Hermes ETA service. If you have been selected for a designated time slot you will be notified by the courier.
7. Receipt and signature
7.1 All deliveries must be received in person at the delivery address.
7.2 Our delivery service provider will notify you in advance of attempting to make a delivery requiring signature.
8.1 If your products remain undelivered despite our delivery service provider making at least 1 more attempt to deliver them, the delivery service provider will leave a card at your address, with instructions on how you may collect your products, including a time limit for collection.
9. Delivery problems
9.1 If you experience any problems with a delivery, please contact us using the contact details that we publish on our website or otherwise notify to you.
9.2 If our delivery service provider is unable to deliver your products, and such failure is your fault, and you do not collect your products from our delivery service provider within the relevant time limit, we may agree to arrange for re-delivery of the products; however, we reserve the right to charge you for the actual costs of re-delivery (even where the initial delivery was free of charge).
9.3 An indicative list of the situations where a failure to deliver will be your fault is set out below:
(a) you provided the wrong address for delivery;
(b) there is a mistake in the address for delivery that was provided;
(c) the address for delivery is not reasonably accessible;
(d) the address for delivery cannot safely be accessed;
(e) if in-person receipt is not required, there is no easy and secure means of leaving the products at the address for delivery and there is no person available to accept delivery; or
(f) if in-person receipt is required, there is no person available at the address for delivery to accept delivery and provide a signature.
10. Undeliverable Orders
If a parcel is undeliverable it will be returned to us, there are several reasons why a parcel may be returned:
1. Incorrect address; If the address supplied is incorrect or outdated the parcel will typically returned to us by the carrier or the unitendedrecipient.
2. Incorrect address format; If our system doesn’t recognise the way an address was entered the parcel may be assigned to a carrier that can’that actually deliver to that address
3. Failed Delivery Attempts; Most carriers make more than one attempt to deliver a parcel. If they cannot succesfully deliver a parcel it will be returned to us.
4. Illegible Address; In rare cases address labels may become impossible to read in transit. If that happens a carrier will return the parcel to us.
5. Damaged in Transit; If a parcel is damaged while it’s on its way to you the carrier may return it without attempting delivery.